Cinnamon Caramel Nut Crunch
Popped corn and mixed nuts coated with a cinnamon-spiced caramel syrup, then slowly baked for a delicious spiced caramel corn
Hands On:40 | Total: 90 | Makes: 40 servings (1/2 cup each)
PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1/2 cup Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Popping Corn
2 cups salted mixed nuts
1 cup unsalted butter (1 cup = 2 sticks)
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Spray two 15x10-inch shallow baking pans, rubber spatula and very large bowl with cooking spray.
- Pop kernel corn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popped corn (about 4 quarts) and nuts in bowl.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss gently with rubber spatula to coat evenly. Divide mixture between baking pans.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Spread onto parchment or waxed paper to cool thoroughly. Store in tightly sealed container.
40 servings (1/2 cup each) Calories 146; Total Fat 9 g(Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 12 mg; Sodium 79 mg;
Carbohydrate 17 g; (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 12 g); Protein 2 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 3%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
A large roasting pan works well for tossing together the popped corn, nuts and syrup mixture if a VERY large bowl is not available.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)