Mocha Almond Crunch
Almonds and popcorn are caramel coated with a coffee and Swiss Miss Cocoa combination for a mocha flavor
Hands On:45 | Total: 45 | Makes: 18 servings (2/3 cup each)
PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 bag (82.3 g each) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Butter Microwave Popcorn
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 envelope (0.73 oz each) Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
2 tablespoons hot water
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick (1/4 cup = 1/2 stick)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popped corn and almonds in pan.
- Combine cocoa mix, coffee crystals and hot water in medium saucepan; stir until crystals are dissolved. Add sugar, Fleischmann’s, corn syrup and salt; place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven; stir again. Spread on waxed paper to cool thoroughly. Store in tightly sealed container.
18 servings (2/3 cup each) Calories 133; Total Fat 6 g(Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 163 mg;
Carbohydrate 19 g; (Dietary Fiber 1 g, Sugars 13 g); Protein 2 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 3%; Iron 2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)