Popcorn Birthday 'Cupcakes'
A fun, unexpected twist to traditional cupcakes -- popcorn ‘balls’ create the base for this birthday treat!
Hands On:30 | Total: 30 | Makes: 12 servings (1 cupcake each)
PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 bag (2.9 oz each) Orville Redenbacher's® Gourmet® Butter Microwave Popcorn
1/2 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 container (16 oz each) ready-to-spread frosting
Candy sprinkles, optional
Birthday candles, optional
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan and twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove any unpopped kernels. Spread popped corn evenly in baking pan.
- Melt Fleischmann’s in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar, corn syrup and salt; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in baking soda; mix well. Pour over popcorn and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Bake 5 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking. Remove from oven; stir well. Cool 5 minutes. Moisten hands with water. Divide popcorn mixture into 12 portions; shape each portion in each muffin cup to resemble a cupcake.
- Spread frosting on the top mounded part of each popcorn cupcake. Add sprinkles and candle, if desired. Store in tightly sealed container.
12 servings (1 cupcake each) Calories 325; Total Fat 14 g(Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 337 mg;
Carbohydrate 50 g; (Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 42 g); Protein 0 g;
Percent Daily Values*: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Brought To You By ConAgra Foods(R)